White Horse Looking to Play the Spoiler as D3 Wraps this Weekend
In the D3 Men's Keystone Division, White Horse and Reading square off in the final match of the regular season this Saturday at 1:00 p.m. on Friendship Field in Phoenixville. It promises to be a hard-fought match with Reading coming off a tough loss last week to Philly Whitemarsh.
The match has playoff implications for Reading. With three wins on the books, Reading has secured a top 3 playoff spot and a chance to win EPRU D3 this fall, but Reading needs a win and a 4 try bonus point against White Horse this weekend to move into second place in the Keystone Division. The win and bonus will give Reading a playoff match in front of their home town fans next weekend (Oct 20th) against Lehigh Valley.
White Horse, pictured in their match against Harrisburg above has had a trying season. Eoin Beck, White Horse head coach vows to give it their all. "This has been a rough season for us. A combination of excessive injuries and player turnover in our backline has left us with a lot of changes in our lineup and limited our depth. However, we've been working hard. We're just starting to get guys in their best positions and show signs of playing the type of rugby we're capable of. We're looking forward to progressing further against a very talented Reading squad. Reading is a fit, established side so it will be a challenge, but I know we're up to the task and will battle fiercely for 80 minutes."
Larry LaMaina, D3 Men's Chair added, "The EPRU D3 League is closely matched this year. Reading-White Horse should be a great finale. Playoff matches should be excellent and championship Saturday should be a fantastic event and the culmination of a great season for our league."
1. North Penn (Freedom) and Philadelphia Whitemarsh (Keystone) have both won their divisional matrix and will each receive a 1st round playoff bye on October 20th
2. Old Gaelic and Lehigh Valley have secured 2nd and 3rd place in the Freedom Division. Old Gaelic will be hosting the #3 seed from the Keystone Division. Lehigh Valley will be traveling to play the #2 seed from Keystone. Both matches will be played on October 20th.
3. The winner of the Old Gaelic vs. Keystone #3 match will play Philadelphia Whitemarsh at Memorial Hall Field 1:00 p.m. on October 27th.
4. The winner of the Lehigh Valley vs. Keystone #2 match will play North Penn at North Penn's pitch on October 27th.
Bottom Seed Season Continuation Non Playoff Teams
1. On October 20th Northeast Irish will travel to Second City Troop for a 2013 seeding match.
2. On October 20th Wilkes-Barre will travel to Harrisburg for a 2013 seeding match.
3. The location of the October 20th match between White Horse and the Gryphons will be determined after this weekend's match.