Executive Director Wanted for Pennsylvania Rugby Non-Profit
Rugby Pennsylvania, a non-profit, State-Based Rugby Organization, is seeking a qualified candidate for its Executive Director position.
Rugby Pennsylvania is a non-profit corporation, formed in early 2012, which is the State-Based Rugby Organization authorized by USA Rugby to oversee, direct, and facilitate youth and high school rugby in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The long-term objective of Rugby Pennsylvania is to grow and foster the sport of rugby within Pennsylvania and to create an alignment with the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association which would ultimately facilitate the adoption of rugby as an interscholastic, varsity, high school sport.
Reply to: email@example.com
Executive Director Job Description & Expectations
About the Role
The Executive Director of Rugby Pennsylvania (RPA) is ultimately responsible for the day-to-day operations and execution of the strategic objectives, programs, and policies as determined by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director serves alongside a Chief Financial Officer who acts as the financial controller of RPA and reports separately to the Board of Directors on all matters related to the finances of the organization.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
● Manage, oversee, and control all aspects of RPA's business
● Direct and pursue RPA's fundraising efforts
● Direct and pursue marketing and communications efforts in support of the RPA's objectives
● Manage and direct RPA's rugby programs
● Manage RPA's relationship with USA Rugby and other rugby organizations
● Reside in (or near), or be willing to relocate to, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. RPA will not provide financial assistance in relocation.
● Willingness and availability to travel extensively within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in support of RPA programs.
● Five years of business management experience, preferably in non-profit management or sports program development.
● A background in rugby is preferred, although not required.
● Strong communication and computer skills, including Google Docs, and a functional knowledge of web publishing and communications.
● Demonstrable delegation and management skills and expertise.
● Experience in working with volunteers and interns.
● Experience working in or with state interscholastic athletic associations, especially PIAA, is preferred.
● Experience with National Governing Bodies, FIFA, the International Olympic Committee, or the International Rugby Board is a plus.
Interested Candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: To be negotiated based on experience, qualifications, and budgetary constraints.
This is at a non-profit organization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!