Types of membership are:
- Recognized Membership is for all newly-formed clubs.
- Associate Membership is the next step after a club completes one year of Recognized Membership.
- Full Membership is the final step and has no time limit. Full Members are eligible for all benefits offered by the EPRU.
- Sevens Membership, new in 2012, is for teams who ONLY play 7's rugby.
- High School Membership, Effective December 2012, all High School, U19, U15, U13 and other Youth teams should join RugbyPA (the Pennsylvania State-Based Rugby Organization) and complete the membership form used by this organization. Go to http://www.rugbypa.org/index.php/membership/pennsylvania-rugby-club-code...
Recent Membership Updates
Revised: Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Philadelphia University Men and Washington College (Chestertown, MD) Men were approved as Recognized Members in June 2012.
Northeast Philadelphia Men and Northeast Philadelphia Women were approved as Recognized Members on February 6, 2012.
At the February 18, 2009 EPRU Meeting, Albright College Women, Penn State-Berks and York & Lancaster Thorns Women were admitted as Full Members.
Hibernian Men were admitted as Associate Members in February 2009 and as Full Members in February 2011.
Haverford College Men were approved as Full Members on March 15, 2010.
Delmarva Men were approved as Recognized Members as of September 25, 2012.
Lehigh Valley Women were approved as Associate Members as of November 18, 2012.
DeSales University Men were approved as Recognized Members as of April 15, 2013.
Dropped from EPRU Membership
York White Rose Men, York Women and Penn State-Delco have been dropped from EPRU Membership. These teams must apply for Recognized Membership should they re-form. Rutgers University Men have been dropped for failure to pay EPRU Dues in 2011.
Resigned from EPRU Membership
Jefferson Medical resigned from EPRU Membership as of September 1, 2001. Dickinson School of Law resigned from EPRU Membership as of January 1, 2007. Carlisle Women have folded as of January 1, 2008. Bucknell University Women have folded as of Fall 2011. PCOM Men have folded as of Fall 2012.
Keystone Women's RFC have been approved to transfer to the New York State Rugby Conference effective January 1, 2003.
Princeton University Women have transferred to the Metropolitan New York (Met NY) Rugby Union effective August 2011.
Rowan University Men have transferred to the EPRU from the Metropolitan Rugby Union effective January 2011.
Washington College Men and Mt. St. Mary's Women have transferred from the Potomac Rugby Union to EPRU as of Fall 2012.
Juniata College Women transferred from the Allegheny Rugby Union to the EPRU as of January 2013.
Juniata College Men transferred from the Allegheny Rugby Union to the EPRU as of April 2013.
North Penn Women and Marywood College are not members.
Maintaining EPRU Membership
The EPRU Executive Committee has the authority to drop any club from membership in the EPRU who does not play matches or repeatedly cancels matches, does not submit a schedule to the Referees Society, fails to pay dues and/or is not fully enrolled in USA Rugby's CIPP Membership program. Full compliance in CIPP includes both Club Membership and a minimum of fifteen (15) enrolled players.